Flower DIY Project – Test Run #1

17 Jul

Today, I felt crafty, so I proceeded to go to JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart in search of deals, sales, and supplies for my project. I already had a tin of buttons (you see some pictured below); they are buttons from my mother, her mother and my great-grandmother. I wanted to incorporate that into the flowers. I won’t be tossing this one. Ha.

I spent several hours prepping fabrics, several more sewing flowers, and another couple pinning and re-pinning. Here’s a picture of the progress so far:

Here is a top view of the same trial (it gives a better sense of the style):

I spent $30 on materials. I’d estimate I have enough fabric to make a huge bridal arrangement, a small lapel one, a ring pillow, and several smaller centerpieces. This was a good day for budget shopping.

Awesome Idea of the Day: instead of buying a plastic storage bin, I spent $17 at Walmart to grab a plush storage cube – fuctional, useful, secret – win, win, win!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: